Welcome back to another exciting week of new releases on Netflix in the United States. The streaming giant continues to spoil us with a plethora of fresh content. As we dive into the first week of October, we’ll take a closer look at some of the most anticipated movies and series making their way to your screens. So, get ready to mark your calendars for these upcoming titles!
A Farewell to Some Favorites
Before we get into the exciting new arrivals, let’s bid adieu to a few favorites that will be leaving Netflix soon. If you haven’t watched them yet, now might be your last chance. The Dan Stevens horror flick, “The Rental,” will soon expire, so if you’re in the mood for some spine-tingling thrills, this one’s for you. Additionally, say goodbye to “Jexi” (2019), “Dolly Parton: Here I Am” (2019), and the entire “The Expendables” franchise.
Most Anticipated New Releases
Now, let’s get to the good stuff – the new content you can look forward to this week on Netflix!
1. “Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber”
- Coming to Netflix: Wednesday
First up, arriving on Wednesday is “Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber.” This biopic series takes you on a thrilling journey through the inception of the iconic ride-hailing giant, Uber. You’ll witness the rise and struggles of the company through the eyes of Travis Kalanick.
What makes this series even more enticing is its star-studded cast, featuring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Uma Thurman, and Kyle Chandler. And if that’s not enough, Quentin Tarantino provides the narration. Get ready for a rollercoaster ride through the world of Uber.
Watch the “Super Pumped” Trailer
2. “Fair Play” (2023)
- Coming to Netflix: Friday
“Fair Play” is the big movie release of the week, and it’s a strong contender for Netflix’s early English-language Awards play of the year. Directed by Chloe Domont, this thriller delves into the intricacies of a young couple’s relationship teetering on the edge after one of them secures a promotion at a hedge fund. The film has garnered attention at various film festivals this year, including its debut at the Sundance Film Festival, where it received critical acclaim. In fact, it holds a Certified Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes, with reviewers praising its malicious effectiveness. Prepare for an intense psychological showdown.
Watch the “Fair Play” Trailer
3. “Everything Now” (Season 1)
- Coming to Netflix: Thursday
Are you missing “Sex Education”? Well, Netflix has you covered with “Everything Now.” Starring Sophie Wilde, known for her role in the A24 film “Talk to Me,” this 8-episode series comes from Left Bank Pictures, the powerhouse behind “The Crown” and “Who Killed Erin Carter.” The show revolves around 16-year-old Mia, who returns home after recovering from an eating disorder. She finds her friends have moved on in the teen world without her, leading her to embark on a journey filled with dating, parties, first kisses, and unexpected twists. This promises to be a delightful addition to your watchlist.
Watch the “Everything Now” Trailer
Full List of New Releases
As always, there’s a diverse array of content headed your way this week. Here’s the complete list of what’s coming to Netflix:
- “Strawberry Shortcake and the Beast of Berry Bog” (2023)
- “Beth Stelling: If You Didn’t Want Me Then” (2023) [Netflix Original]
- “Brother” (2022)
- “Beckham” (Limited Series) [Netflix Original]
- “Filip” (2023)
- “Keys to the Heart” (2023) [Netflix Original]
- “Miss Shetty Mr. Polishetty” (2023)
- “Race to the Summit” (2023) [Netflix Original]
- “Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber” (Season 1)
- “The Transporter: Refueled” (2015)
- “Everything Now” (Season 1) [Netflix Original]
- “House of Spies / Khufiya” (2023) [Netflix Original]
- “Lupin” (Part 3) [Netflix Original]
- “Sex Tape” (2014)
- “A Deadly Invitation” (2023) [Netflix Original]
- “Ballerina” (2023) [Netflix Original]
- “Fair Play” (2023) [Netflix Original]
- “Maybe Baby / Bytte bytte baby” (2023)
- “Strong Girl Nam-soon” (Season 1) [Netflix Original]
- “K Food Show: A Nation of Banchan” (New Episodes)
With such a diverse selection of content, there’s something for everyone this week. Whether you’re in the mood for thrilling biopics, intense thrillers, or heartwarming series, Netflix has got you covered. So, what are you most excited to watch this week? Share your thoughts in the comments, and get ready for some fantastic new additions to your streaming queue. Happy watching!